Long time no post - time to resurrect the deliciousness with my Triple Chocolate & Pistachio Brownies

                                

It's been a loooong time between posts as I've been more of an Instagram blogger of late.

However my followers are always asking for my recipes of the dishes I've cooked up & posted and yet its not so easy to type them up in Instagram ....so thought it was time to resurrect my blog.

So now everyone can easily access my creations 😊

I've also noted  things have changed  since I last posted, our lives are super busy and we want to just get to the recipe

So you can get to the deliciousness quickly I vow to:

  • keep my blogs short.
  • my explanations & insights simple.
  • will only post detailed step images if they are really required to explain a method visually.


For my return debut to the blogosphere here's my recipe for my absolutely moreish Triple Chocolate Pistachio Brownies.  Diet starts tomorrow!

Sonja's Triple Chocolate & Pistachio Brownies

      150g salted butter, chopped

360g dark chocolate, chopped (for a super indulgent dark brownie use 70% Lindt!)

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

½ cup caster sugar

3 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

½ cup milk

1 cup plain flour, sifted

¼ cup milk choc bits

¼ cup white choc bits

½ cup unsalted pistachios kernels, roughly chopped 

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
  2. Place butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and combined. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar and caster sugar. Cool for 5 minutes.
  3. Lightly beat eggs with a fork in a bowl. Add vanilla and milk. Stir until combined. Add to cooled chocolate mixture, stir until combined. Fold in flour,  choc chips and pistachios. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Level top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is firm to touch. Cool in pan. Transfer to a board & cut into squares. 

Tasty Twists:

  • Swap pistachios for toasted unsalted macadamias, pecans, walnuts or almonds or do a mix of half nuts and half dried cranberries or dried raisins.
  • For a salty twist add some chopped pretzels instead of the nuts.
  • For a Mexican spiced brownie add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon ground chilli powder in with the flour.
  • For a chai spiced brownie add ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cardamom, ¼ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp ground cloves in with the flour.
  • For a Christmas brownie add 1 teaspoon mixed spice in with the flour. And add in 1/4 cup dried cranberries in with the pistachios.

0 comments: